28 September 2009

LEATHER + lusciousness



Wowza, how did I live before life with this bag? Well, I'm not really as materialistic as I may seem, so life was great before this bag, but now it is GRAND. I love love love this J. Crew bag. It was still slightly more than I would have originally set out to spend, but the price had been knocked down $100 -- yeah, $100. I rationalized the purchase as a coming home present after many a long day and night working in the Orient -- as if I really needed a reason. 


Big enough to hold all of my daily essentials for my trek to the office and the shoulder strap is neither to long nor is it too short. The leather is so soft and luscious -- even my fiance, John, who originally gawked at the price, had to give props to this bag once he got a touch of its sweet sweet leather. The description from J. Crew's website says it best: "crafted from couture-quality vachetta leather that will achieve a beautiful honeyed patina over time (it just gets better with age)." With that, I dub this bag "The One" -- cannot wait to grow old with it as a classic staple in my wardrobe.


Though mine is no longer available on their website, below are a few bags similar in style & with that same gorgeous leather in case you're looking to invest your hard earned money into an item that will continue to pay off with its timelessness.






 1 /2 

2 comments:

The Creatief Creator said...

I am in love with this bag! I want it, but wouldn't have any money left to put in it :). Love your blog. I come here for my daily drool!

The City Sage said...

LOVE it! the combo of black and camel is stunning--and i like the shape of the one you got best. and the fact that u got it on sale? EVEN BETTER!