03 February 2012

High Museum of Art

INSTAGRAM IMAGES: EMJT

These are some of my favorite pictures taken during our visit to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta during our staycation. The exhibit, which is currently on view until April 29th of this year, Picasso to Warhol is full of great pieces; many of which I studied through numerous art history courses while completing my Scientific Illustration Degree at the University of Georgia.

All of the following iconic 20th century artists are featured in the exhibit: Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, Constantin Brancusi, Piet Mondrian, Fernand Léger, Marcel Duchamp, Giorgio De Chirico, Joan Miró, Romare Bearden, Alexander Calder, Jackson Pollock, Louise Bourgeois, Jasper Johns and Andy Warhol. I thought the Pollock's would be my favorite, but I really enjoyed seeing pieces by Brancusi (frames six & seven pictured above) in person.

It was a great time for John to experience the Museum for the first time. There he is in the last frame looking quite cute.


Lookout for Paris pictures next week.







No comments: